light (plural lights)
- (physics) (uncountable) The natural medium emanating from the sun and other very hot sources (now recognised as electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength of 400-750 nm), within which vision is possible.
- As you can see, this spacious dining-room gets a lot of light in the mornings.
- A source of illumination.
- Can you put the light on?
- Spiritual or mental illumination; enlightenment, useful information.
- Can you throw any light on this problem?
- A notable person within a specific field or discipline.
- Picasso was one of the leading lights of the cubist movement.
- A point of view, or aspect from which a concept, person or thing is regarded.
- I"m really seeing you in a different light today.
- A flame or something used to create fire.
- Hey, buddy, you got a light?
5 letters in word "light": G H I L T.
No anagrams for light found in this word list.
Words found within light: